Saturday, August 06, 2005

Last night I saw My Date With Drew with my sister and brother in law. This is such a great movie! Here is my review I posted on Yahoo Movies. http://movies.yahoo.com/mvc/dfrv?mid=1808702374&s=&rvid=7-237088&i=1&spl=1&ys=ejc3K54lD6qhUVsHPvavxA--

My Date With Drew is one of the most sincere, charming, and exciting movies I have seen in a long time. It is about the pursuit of a dream and taking a risk. This movie has more edge-of-your-seat excitement than most summer blockbusters as you follow a rollercoaster of a journey that will make you laugh, cry, and hold your breath in anticipation. I saw this movie with my sister and she was so charmed by this movie, she had the biggest smile lasting well after the movie ended.

I have to admit, I am a little partial to the movie because I have had a have a similar harmless crush on Drew Barrymore since I saw her in ET when I was 5. But Brian took action, and with only $1,100 he followed his dream with the help of his friends and documented his journey for the world to see. Yes the video quality is low because a consumer grade camera was used, but the production values, editing and true human emotions are top notch. The world needs more dreamers and people who will take risks. As Drew Barrymore herself said, "If you don't take risks, you'll have a wasted soul." I highly recommend this movie!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Jason!
I miss you so much friend! you rock my face off! God bless you! (seriously!) I hope you are enjoying your vacation!
-Jessica