Wednesday, June 22, 2005

My bike was stolen. On 6/22/04 my new Gary Fisher bike was stolen from Cal State Fullerton between 6 and 7pm in front of the Humanities building. I parked it, locked it with a Masterlock combo lock and flexible steel cable, then went to class. An hour later at break time I walk outside and it was gone. No sign of anything. I filed a police report, but lets all be honest here, it's gone. This is the 3rd time I have been vandalized in my life, and the 2nd time I have had a bike stolen. Of course I am upset, mad and disappointed. I was so upset I couldn't stay for class, as I could not concentrate at all on the movie we were watching. If I saw someone riding my bike, I would thrown them down and beat them senseless, and I have never been in a fight in my life. It's not so much the money, but the personal violation, agony, wasted time, money, effort, and the fact that it was personally signed by Gary Fisher himself. I enjoyed riding that bike and starting up mountain biking, but that is gone for now. I am never buying Masterlock again, and neither should you. Though I am upset and disappointed, in the grand scheme of things, my loss is extremely minimal. People get raped, loose limbs, loose eyes, loose the ability to walk, loose other bodily abilities, houses, cars, and even their lives. My loss is nothing compared to those. But my loss is still genuine, and would be lying if I said I was not disappointed or hurt. Though the chances are slim, God can do anything. Thanks for praying for my video camera, which would have been a bigger loss, and that turned out ok, so please pray for my bike. If you see a bike that looks like this http://www.fisherbikes.com/images/bikes2005/walls/tarpon_black.jpg and especially if it signed in silver near the front left side top of the frame, it also had a good scratch that took off the paint of the right pedal crank tip, a water bottle holder on the frame, and a small under-seat mounted bag, call the police (CSUF police department: 714-278-2515, main police department: (714) 738-6800) . Thanks.

2 comments:

Raelynn Ann said...

nice bike, sad story... ill keep my eye out for it, and if i do see it, youll bet ill jump him (and maybe even stab him with art file pick [just about anything from my art bin can be used as a lethal weapon!])

back to work i go! (can you believe i actually made it to LA? eleanor managed to keep me for two extra days!)

it was cool seeing you at her cuz house. she is still shocked that 4 of her friends actually came! :D

Narisilme said...

Man, I'm so sorry. Again, you are in my prayers.