Monday, October 03, 2005


Leftfield: Leftism

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."

10 year anniversery. Thank you Leftfield for the most brilliant piece of work I have ever heard. Electronic music will never be the same. Leftism sounds as fresh today as it did when it was released. Every song unique and dynamic, as a whole a masterpiece. With each listening, new things are noticed and it only gets better. The entire album is a journey, and I am overjoyed and filled with wonder every time.

2 comments:

AJ Harbison said...

Hey Jason,
Who is the source of your opening quote? I know I've heard it before but I can't remember who said it.

P.S. Any progress on your search for ringtones (for my benefit)?

Jason Rasmussen said...

The quote is from Elvis Costello, though I don't know about him, I only remember the phrase.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Costello

It is odd to read reviews about albums, because they can never do the music justice.