Tuesday, September 13, 2005

God, you got my back; I trust you, help me to trust you.

“The only thing I fear is my future” – Adam Sessler.

God has already proven Himself faithful and worked out situations I worried about even better than I ever could have planned. Case and point: When I moved down here a year ago, I was worried that I would not have someone along the same level as me spiritually that I could talk to. It might take me a long time to find someone who we can both totally relate to! I prayed for a “spiritual brother” if you will, and all it takes is just a little faith as God was working and setting things in motion even before I moved down here. The day I set foot into Best Buy to apply for Geek Squad, there was Nathan Garcia, head agent. I briefly met him, but after I was hired, we were able to work together and we eventually found out we both were Christians. He introduced me to his Bible study and great circle of friends. Though I no longer work for Geek Squad, Nathan and I are good friends and can have deep discussions. God is so amazing and faithful, as this was better than I ever expected.

I went to get my haircut at Nate’s wife salon today and Nate was there. We had a good talk, as it is always great to hear advise from a Christian friend, just as iron sharpens iron (Prov 27:17). I worried about having good Christian friends…SOLVED! I wanted a job with expected hours so I could spend time with friends and family…DONE! God is amazingly faithful, and I feel bad because I could have prayed harder and I could have had more faith. It just shows how much grace He has on us.

I pray and expect great things, but often there is still that lingering doubt hidden in there. Is it human nature, a scheme of the enemy, lack of faith? He has proven Himself worthy and faithful over and over again. Why am I worried and concerned about situations now? I am concerned for my future which is unknown to me. Maybe we worry so we have to rely on God? If we didn’t worry, then we know we could do things on our own, and without God we can do nothing. Lord help me to fully trust You, remove all doubt, give me faith, patience, and continue as you have in the past to orchestrate great things in my life for the future and use me for you.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I know what you are going through. It is funny how blunt Jesus is about not worrying, yet we still do it... something I have to remind myself is that (as silly as it is...) all this stuff that I am going through is not going to kill me. Weird once you think about it. Look at it this way: Jesus went through the ultimate stress; he sweated blood he was so stressed. The stuff he worried about WAS going to kill him. I was asking myself "Am I sweating blood?" "No." then I looked at why he would go through that stress. It was for me and to prove his faithfulness, and as you have mentioned, he still proves it everyday.
I am still finding myself worrying each week, but I have to turn to God, I have to admit that I can't do this, and I have to give this to him. I hope this gives some encouragement. I know you’ll keep on truckin’ strong! I can see you victorious in this. God bless you my friend!

Jessica said...

This is a bit hypocritical but...POST!!!

Jason Rasmussen said...

Thank you for the very kind words as well as the gentle nudge. :) I guess it is more of the unknown that worries me. I think the unknown worries everyone. I have not been sweating blood anytime lately, so I shouldn't be stressing. Nice way to put it. And your totally right, God continues to prove his faithfulness to us every day, He loves us SO much!

Keep on truckin! HA! I could just imagine myself being a truck driver with "Keep on truckin" tatooed on my arm. But some things are best left for the imagination. Thanks for the victory you see in me.