Saturday, April 30, 2005


Tru Dat! Happiest Place On Earth! Saturday was the first time in a LONG time that I went with a large group of friends to Disneyland. Joey, Llona, Becky, Roberto, Lyndsey, Jeremy, Jerod and myself, making it a total of 8 people! We mostly all met at 7 (www.seven.ws), and many of us have moved away, but the Christian comradely was amazing! Though I have likely been to Disneyland 100 times more than everyone else combined, I was so excited to go. You will have to excuse my Disney freakiness right now, the 50th is this month, Disneyland is improving (thanks Matt Ouimet), Space Mountain opens in 2 months, and I got my premium annual pass so I can go whenever I or my friends want!

On occasions I even had serious talks with some while walking or waiting in line. Jeremy, Jared and I talked about God's sovereignty, free will vs. predestination, and Lyndsy and I got a chance to talk about being a positive influence in a dark world. God bless her, she is trying to change the "food industry" customer service at Biola by being so positive, and this is a ministry not only to her, but to those she interacts with. Yeah, being positive is something most people fail to strive for, yet also being serious and candid when the time calls for it.

It was so cool because we were all relaxed and just enjoying Disneyland and our time together. Lyndsey, Jared and I detached from the group for a bit to ride Tower of Terror and Soaring over California. Jared had never been on either and he had a great smile on his face. After that it was over to Mimi's Cafe for dinner. After dinner, some had to leave to get home at a decent time, the rest of us went on a few more rides and the Cannon brothers (Jeremy and Jared) got to see Fantasmic! for the first time ever. They were stunned, and though I had seen it many many times, I had the biggest smile on my face throughout the entire performance. After Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, we departed and all of us agreed we needed to do this again. That's what I really like about Disneyland, at the end of the day, you feel relaxed and more peaceful. Though Disneyland has done a great job of truly creating The Happiest Place On Earth, the true giver of peace is God, and the happiest place in the world is with God.

No comments: