Saturday, April 02, 2005


I wish gas prices would go higher. Most would think I'm crazy when I say that considering gas prices in California are approaching the $3 per gallon mark. I have always been a fan of alternative fuel sources since I was a wee little kid reading picture books about what the future would be like. If prices go up and stay high, it will force auto manufacturers and other companies to aggressively push towards alternative fuel sources such as hydrogen and electric. It would also make us more independent so we don't rely on foreign sources, and because we do, we are at their will when it comes to fuel. Imagine what would happen to our economy if they cut the fuel supply in half, or even more? According to AAA, 95% of the gasoline consumed in California is from...yup, California. That other 5% is from foreign oil sources because we consume so much. Why are Americans so wasteful? I want my car to get 100 miles per gallon, and I wanted that 10 years ago. And while I'm at it, where is my personal jetpack!?

No comments: