Monday, February 14, 2005

If time flies when you're having fun, then why isn't time slowing down? At least for me that is. I will be brutally honest, I had so much more fun in life when I was a child. Now I'm not saying that I am not enjoying life as an adult, but I was just much more happier as a kid.

I had the best time as a kid. Days seemed like they had 50 hours in them, sunsets would last for days it seemed. Summers were an eternity, and you never saw yourself reaching high school because it was so far ahead in the future.

Peter Pan. It all comes back to this story. On one side you have Peter, a boy who does not want to grow up. On the other side you have Wendy, who values her childhood and fears to grow up, but eventually learns that adulthood is the next great adventure.

A great adventure it is, but again being honest, I had more fun as a child. I work so hard just to live, yet I never have time to truly LIVE. Will I ever be as happy as I was then? I can't answer that, but I guess that is what an adventure is made up of.

No comments: