Saturday, August 23, 2008

Disneyland entrance with Microsoft Photosynth

One of the coolest technologies to come out of Microsoft lately is Photosynth. This is where they take multiple 2D photos that overlap, and their software will re-create the environment in a 3D world you can navigate around. They just released it to the public so you can create your own. I have been photosynthing with pictures in my collection, and am now attempting to re-create Disneyland, or at least parts of it with Photosynth. I spent a few hours taking over 2000 photos! Here is the Disneyland front entrance. I got it to 96% synthy so you can really navigate around 360 degrees! Try it here (PC only):



For my next trick I will do Main Street USA! Until then, Photosynth some of your own photos.

Update: There is now a website dedicated to Photosynthing Disney parks. You can even vote for your favorites. www.disneysynth.com

I recently added Cinderella's castle and hub at Disneyland. See if you can find the Fairy Godmother and time-capsule plaque! You can even zoom in to minute detail to read it all:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're collecting synths like these for a project to help those planning a trip etc.

I put one of yours up. Great work!

Disney Synth

Anonymous said...

I read on Disney Synth you made that synth with 330 pictures??!?!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!