Saturday, January 29, 2005

You never know how much you miss weekends until you have them back. Last weekend was spent just realizing that I now had weekends again. My brother Travis is having his 17th birthday party this weekend, so I decided to go back to Apple Valley for the weekend. It was almost like a mini vacation, seeing familiar things from a different viewpoint, behind detached from the normal day-to-day world, your worries set aside for the time being. Friday night Travis, his friend Adam Sweeney and I stayed up playing video games late into the night.

After sleeping in, mom and I went out to buy Gamecube games and accessories for Travis' birthday, as we ordered a Gamecube special online. He had a lot of friends come over, and everyone played DDR and watched Napoleon Dynamite. He was really excited when he finally got multiple plastic light sabers so he could battle with his friends. As most boys would do, we stayed up late again playing video games...

No comments: